Monday, February 18, 2013

Prayer Requests

I won't be doing a lot of posting this week, so please bear with me. We are with out daughter, SIL and grandson for grandson's umbilical hernia repair. I am asking for your prayers for all of them and my DH and I. We are all nervous, and prayerful. My daughter and her hubby did not sleep well at all, so will need God's strength especially today. This is their only child and I understand how nervous they can be over any kind of surgery. I am so thankful that we are able to be with them during this time and help out.

Another prayer request I have is my oldest brother's daughter, Robin, is in the hospital in ICU with pneumonia in both lungs, a staph infection in both lungs and in both kidneys. She is really bad shape and the family has not been given much hope at all. I am five hundred miles away from her and can't go see her. So, please keep her in your prayers. 

I need your prayers, too, so remember me. 

On the sewing front, not much is happening. I did bring the circles to start making yoyos for a bed runner, and I will take them to the hospital to work on if my nerves will let me. When this is over, I will work on the bed runner, two pillows, and two crazy quilt pillows. I want to start making Christmas quilts for this next year, too. I need more Christmas fabric, so I guess I need to see if I can find some marked down really low. LOL

I pray you have a blessed day. I will update this tomorrow to let everyone know how the medical situations are going.

Thank you so much for being patient with me.

God Bless You,

Teresa

6 comments:

  1. Teresa, make yourself start working on the yo-yos And teach your daughter to make them too. The simple repetitive act of making them is very calming at a time like this. Let each stitch be a prayer. It will also help calm your breathing and relieve the stress.
    Years ago when Mom was in the hospital for an extended time, I sketched a lot. (at the time I wasn't sewing) Somehow using your hands like this connects you to your calm center where you know that God is in control.
    Peace be with you my sister. I have a prayer in my heart for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that DGS has to go through this. Hopefully all will go well and he will sail right through the surgery and recovery period. Kids have a wonderful way of bouncing back, probably better than us adults.

    I know your entire family is very worried about your niece/daughter/cousin (and all the other way once is connected to family). From your description she is quite ill and facing an uphill battle.

    Prayers indeed will be said.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!