Thursday, March 28, 2013

Crazy Quilt Pillow Tops are Done




Here are the two crazy quilt pillow blocks I've made. This is my first time I've ever created something like this. I read a lot online and looked a a lot of pictures. I ordered some items from Etsy, and used fabrics from the crazy quilt I made for this client. She loves pastel colors and the 30s fabrics, so I added a couple of darker fabrics to enhance the look. I would like to make some smaller blocks and work on hand embroidery and more silk ribbon embroidery. I enjoyed learning more about this type of quilting, and need to know more. I think, for my first attempt, they don't look too bad. 

Now, I have to sew the backing onto the pillows and insert the pillow forms and close up the hole. I pray it goes on easy without any problems. I can't wait to see how they turn out!!! Now I have to finish the yoyo bed runner I'm making and two pillow to go with that and another new type of project for me: landscape type quilt block and make it into a pillow. I am definitely going out of my comfort zone for this awesome customer of mine. 

Make sure you check out today's Stitch Me Up Blog Hop posts. It will continue until tomorrow.

Hug,

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Teresa! I'm impressed with your techniques, your ability and your willingness to "step out of the box" and your comfort zone.

    Have a wonderfully blessed Easter, my long-distance friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these in person and the pictures simply do not do them justice. the details are so amazing. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa, your pillows are gorgeous, you've grown so much in your work just in this exercise alone. The research and experimentation have really shown in the proof of two beautiful pieces of work. I shall look forward to following your progress with the yoyo quilt and pillows and a landscape too, how exciting is that. What a wonderful customer you have. Take care my friend, it's great to see you doing so well. Love Mandy Currie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Mandy for your sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!