Thursday, January 30, 2014

Crazy Quilt 2014 Quilt Along Winter Block

I am participating in the Crazy Quilt Along 2014 on http://goodearthquilting.com. We are creating four seasonal blocks. I started with my winter block. I used colors that demonstrate colors I see in winter in Alabama. The bright red is a symbol for the red birds/cardinals that frequent our yard. I love to watch the birds that come to our yard and eat, etc. The browns are the ground and dormant grass. Greens stand for the evergreen trees purples, blues, and grays stand for various skies that show up. The gray skies are when it is cloudy. I sure wanted to add some snow on here, but didn't. We still have snow from Tuesday on the grounds, but we don't get it often. The oranges in each corners stand for the beautiful sunset colors that have shown up lately. I hope I did this correctly. Also, I will be doing my first hand embroidery stitches as embellishment on these blocks. Wish me luck!!! I want to find some cute/pretty items to embellish these blocks more. Suggestions are welcome. Thanks!!



Have a great day!

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!