Friday, September 20, 2013

I'm Back For Now!

Hi! I'm back for now. My computer has been on the fritz, so I have not been able to update lately. I am really sorry for the delay. Here is what I've been doing:

1.Losing weight!!! As of this morning, I am down 14 pounds since Aug. 21st. Excited? Oh yeah! First time I've lost weight in several years. How? By getting rid of all wheat, grains, and sugar from my diet. I've been eating meat, salads, veggies, some fruit, plain yogurt smoothies with blueberries, coconut milk or almond milk and Stevia added. Happy? Yep, I am and feeling better, too. I have so much more energy than I did before. I still have a very long way to go, but I'm glad that I am seeing results.

2. Working on a Day and Night quilt designed by Eleanor Burns. This quilt will be a Christmas gift for my son and daughter-in-law. It is going well so far. I have a few more strips to sew together then start cutting out the triangles that make up the blocks.  The pic below shows the colors I'm using for this quilt.


3. Today I cut out strips then used my Accuquilt Go! Baby to cut out five inch squares for a baby quilt I have been commissioned to make. It will be a disappearing nine patch. I just have to figure out how to arrange the squares. Here is a picture of the mess I've made and the squares. 




So, here is what I've been up to. How about you?


2 comments:

  1. I am still quilting that one little quilt. Ha ha..and I have a scarf started on the loom. The scarf is my "rainy Saturday" project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your weight loss...cannot wait to see what you do with both the quilts...so glad you are back to posting again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!