Friday, July 19, 2013

Finishes for the Week of July 15, 2013


Good morning!! I pray all is well with each of you. If not, know you are in my prayers. I am doing better than the last post. I have been through it, and still have to have three more teeth pulled and get a partial put in, but I pray that eventually I can eat better than I have in a long time. That may not be good, though. LOL I definitely don't need to gain any more weight. I need to lose!!!

Okay on to what I've accomplished this week. I have a few friends who have purchased fabric for me to make them a purse. So, I managed to get two finished this week. I am proud of the way they look. They are not perfect, but I am learning. I plan to make some different styles, soon, and I want to design my own pattern. I guess I will combine several different patterns to get what I like myself. Then, I will make those for awhile. LOL 



Here are the two handbags I finished this week. I think they turned out pretty good. :D

I went to the local America's Thrift Store to look for my grandson some shorts. He has been home schooled for the past two years, but they are trying out the school at the church they attend for 2nd grade. They wear uniforms, but he needed shorts to wear with the uniform shirt. So, DD asked if I would look here to see what I could find. I found him four pair that hopefully, if they fit, he can wear them to school. I also happened up on some fabulous fabric finds. I've been wanting to try making some handbags and totes out of upholstery fabric. Have mercy! I found the jackpot!!! Here is what I found. some of it is absolutely gorgeous. Well, most of it is, or I wouldn't have purchased it. LOL


This fabric is cotton for donation quilts
Well, what do you think of my find? Awesome, huh? Well, that is it for today. Have a blessed day!

PS BE LOOKING OUT FOR A GIVEAWAY SOON. THIS IS MY 150th BLOG POST!!! 


3 comments:

  1. That sounds just like me---" guess I will combine several different patterns to get what I like mysel" Yep, definitely. Like a zipped pocket, maybe more than one? Zipper to close it, adjustable straps or change the strap technique. I am still working towards that elusive "perfect for me" pattern. Understandable instructions would also be a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bags are gorgeous Teresa, I'm still struggling with mine. I'll get there eventually. The fabrics you chose are lovely, I like working with upholstery fabric, I made a lot of things with it when we were in South Africa and have quite a nice stash to dip into. One thing we used to do was ribbon embroidery and then make up into cushions, very effective. Regards Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bags Teresa - and what a great idea to use upholstery fabric. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!