Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thankful Thursday!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and wish you a Happy New Year! We traveled to spend time with our daughter, SIL, and of course, the grandson for Christmas. The bad thing about this is that we miss out spending Christmas with our son and his wife. They spent it at her parent's house, though, so they weren't alone. We had a blessed time with Jen and her family. Love seeing the joy and thrill in Jackson's eyes when he opens gifts and then sees what Santa brought him. He received a new bike and helmet for Christmas. He was thrilled. That is what he asked Santa for, so he was so excited! He rode it several times that day, and Jen said they had to ride bikes yesterday while we were on our way home. It is a cool Hot Wheels bike and his helmet has rubber things that look like a spiked mo-hawk. He looks "cool" in it. I am thankful for the time we got to spend with them and for a safe trip home.

I am sew ready to get back to sewing! I am thankful that I have the time to sew and quilt. I either never had the money, or I didn't have the time to sew until the past two years. I am thankful that I have been blessed to donate several quilts, to make a few smaller quilts for children and Jackson. The biggest quilt I have made so far is the Desert Mirage that is presently on our bed. I have been blessed to make my first Crazy Shortcut quilt for a client/friend. I am to the putting it together stage with sashing and then bind it. I have also been blessed with the opportunity to make her two crazy quilt pillows using all kinds of embellishments. I am excited about trying my hand with these. I will add to me project goals page within the next week or so of what I want to accomplish in 2013 with the Lord's help.

-I am thankful for my husband and what he means to me. I am thankful for the time we spend together and that God has blessed us with over 34 years of marriage.
-I am thankful for my children and their spouses. I am thankful for their love.
-I am thankful for my grandson. He is our only grandchild at the moment. He is so precious to DH and I. We love him so much!!! He is a blessing.
-I am thankful for my extended families. My DH has two brothers and their families. Love them! I am have thankful for my sister and two brothers and their families. None of them will know how much they mean to me.
- I am thankful for the two aunts and uncle I have left on my side of the family. They are all elderly and not in good health. Love them so much and pray for them often.
- I am thankful for all the cousins I have. We don't get together as much as we did as kids, but I love them so much!
- I am thankful for our puppies. I've missed them while we were gone for Christmas and ready to go pick them up! 
- I am thankful for a roof over my head and a car to drive. I am thankful for food on my table. Even if I fuss about washing dishes, I am thankful for those, too. LOL

I think I will stop for now. I pray you will take the time to count your blessings. We are approaching a new year in just a few days. Let us put God first this year and watch His blessings unfold.

God Bless you,
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!