Thursday, November 8, 2012

Have a Blessed Day!

Good Thursday morning!

I pray that all is well with you, my friends and family. I am sitting in my recliner at the moment thinking about what has happened this week. We woke up Wednesday morning with the same president we have had for the past four years. I don't like this idea, but as a Christian all I can do is pray and get the Word out to others. I want to make a difference. One woman was the instigator in having prayer taken out of our schools (legally). I believe that one person can still make a difference. But, it is discouraging when one does all he/she can to make sure he/she votes, then it seems to not do any good. Some stood in line for hours to vote. You may not feel like your vote did not make a difference. Let me be the one to tell you that it did. Our president would have won by a bigger margin than he did if you and I had not cast our vote.

 I thank God that He is the one who comforts me in times of trouble. He is the one I can turn to when everything seems to go wrong. If anything this election has brought my heart closer to God. I know He is the one I have to lean on. He is the one who makes a difference. As my daughter wrote yesterday, God did NOT fall off the throne on Tuesday. He is still God. He will hold our hands through out the next four years. But, people, I want to say this one thing: I may not agree with your opinions and you  may not agree with mine, but there is only one God who is still on the throne, and He knows what is going on and what the future holds. Hold on to God's unchanging hand. He is in control.

Now to what I am working on. I made the first cut on the crazy quilt squares, yesterday. Today I am going to sew these cuts back together and press the seams open. I am taking pictures as I go, so hopefully you will understand where I'm going with this. Above you can see the picture of the first cut. I now have them pinned together each with a different fabric. I will later upload pics of what some look like after being resewn. Hope Sally likes her quilt when it is finished. T

I really hope you have a wonderful creative day! May God richly bless you and yours.

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!