Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday!!!

Hello!!! I pray you are all doing well. I've had several facebook friends who have been in and out of the hospital, so I am praying for them. I have a special FB and personal friend who has surgery this morning. I am praying all goes well with her. Please keep her in your prayers. She has been very sick for several week, so we expect this surgery to take care of the problem.

I saw this morning that I had a comment from someone in Bucharest!!! I am excited!!! I know I haven't been blogging much lately, and I apologize for that. I had family here last week and before that cleaning house and preparing for their arrival. Then, I had to rest up after hosting Thanksgiving here and all the standing I did during that time. It hurts me, as you who have been following my blog, and/or know me, to stand on my feet much. With RA and fibromyalgia, I am hurting somewhere all the time, but if I do much, I pay for it for several days. Anyway, off of that subject, I am considering having a giveaway soon. But, one thing has to happen before I do. I have to reach 50 followers!!! I know there are people out there who read my blog, but are not followers. When I get to fifty, I will gift some lucky person with a couple of fat quarters!!!! Who will the lucky person be?

I have also been busy making a Crazy Shortcut Quilts quilt for a lady in Virginia. I am to the point of quilting each square with decorative stitches. She is loving it from afar, so I pray she loves it when she gets it. :0) She has also commissioned two sofa pillows that are really embellished for her sofa. To be honest, I have NEVER made these before. I have started collecting lace, and other trinkets to put on them, but I am trying to learn how to do these. I want to do a really great job on them, so keep your fingers crossed. I even have a couple of people sending me things that they have leftover from their projects. I am so excited!!!! I don't know how to embroidery by hand, but I'm reading and watching videos on the Internet trying to learn as much as I can. My sewing machine has embroidery type stitches on it, too, so I will be using it to help. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I have a few more pictures that I can show you of the progress on the crazy quilt.




Items collecting for pillows. Yellow fabric is binding for quilt.

I wish you all a great day. Be creative! Make someone happy. Share a smile!

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!