Monday, August 20, 2012

Happy Monday!

Today is the first day back to school here in Alabama and probably a lot of other places. I've been there, done that, and have T-shirts to show for those days. As most of you know I was a certified teacher. My certification lapsed this past June. I taught science and English and various other subjects as needed. Small schools are known for having teachers teach one class out of field. It gave me a lot of experience, that I am thankful for. I look at many of the former students I have had through the years that I am friends with on Facebook, and I think, oh my goodness, I am getting old. One of my first students will be retired from the Navy with 20 years in 2013. Then, I look at those who have gotten married or are getting married and those having babies. Some have three babies. I feel like I am the grandmother of these children. Does that make sense? I have always told my students that they are my "younguns" from now on. I feel very responsible for each of them. I am very proud of all they have accomplished. Many of them are nurses. Others are in the military. Some are going to school to be nurses, others who knows. I am so glad that I was able to be a small influence in their lives.

I am praying for all those teachers and school employees who are starting off their year today. I wish you the very best throughout the year. I pray that you touch at least one life and make a difference in that child and for that child. Pray for your students. Pray over your classroom that your year will go well. Start your day off with some Praise music to get you fired up to be the best teacher; counselor; office worker, lunchroom person, custodian, or administrator you can be. Everyone is important in these students' lives. Everyone can make a difference. It may only be smiling at one of the kids. That child may have come to school with his/her parent screaming at them, and just needs someone to care enough to smile at them.

 I have had many students in the fourteen years that I taught. I may not remember each name, but each student made a difference in my life. Some made good differences, and other made not so good, but they all touched my life in one way or another. I am thankful for most of the experiences that I had while teaching. I still have students tell me how much they appreciate me and what I did for them. It makes me feel so warm inside and makes me smile. I love you all!

To the students; please do not bully anyone. Do not force yourself onto anyone. Be yourself. If you witness someone being taken advantage of, being bullied, harassed, or just being picked on, PLEASE tell a teacher, office worker, counselor, administrator, etc. Please tell someone! You make a difference. If you see someone who is new to the school and doesn't have any friends, you be that friend. Stand up for what is right. Treat your fellow students and faculty with respect. If you are not taught to do that at home, please ask someone to teach you what it means to be respectful. You are NOT "better" than anyone else. You are all God's creation. We all need to learn that lesson. We need to spread the love to one another and make a difference in some person's life each day.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox for now. Have a blessed day, my sweet followers. Spread the word about my blog and ask your friends to become a follower. I sure will appreciate it.
God Bless,
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!