Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday Musings

Hi! Hope you have had a blessed day today- June 24, 2013. Where is this year going? I can't believe half the year is gone already. Whew! It is true that time flies when you get older and when having fun. I guess that must mean I'm getting old, plus I must be having fun doing something. :D 

Well, I don't have a new quilt to show you, nor  a new purse, jewelry, etc. I did want to check in and say how much I appreciate my followers. I appreciate all that I'm learning from those whose blogs I follow and from those friends on Facebook where I interact with other quilters and crafters. I am meeting online crafters who have written books, and designed bags, quilts, etc. I feel so honored to be part of their lives even if it is online. I never dreamed three years ago when I had to leave work that my life would turn into what it is today. Even those of you followers who haven't written books, or designed patterns, but are quilters/crafters, I learn so much from you. You challenge me to become a better quilter/crafter, to do more projects, to step out of my comfort zone and do things I never dreamed I could do. Thank you for the influence you have on me. You make me a better me.

On a different note, I delivered the Auburn purse I showed in Friday's post to its new owner yesterday. She loved it! Now her daughter is wanting one, too. May have some quilt orders in a few months, so I best be getting the Christmas gifts made and out of the way where I can sew some for others. I love this feeling when people think I do a good job. I have been thinking about designing my own handbag, but not exactly sure how to do it. I don't know if I can get anything that someone else hasn't already done. I just do not like taking the chance of messing with the copyright on other's patterns. I need to make some money because I want an embroidery machine. Any suggestions are welcome on how to handle this type of thing. 

I was able to get the Carpenter's Star top fabric cut out on Saturday and I did sew some of the squares together to make the half square triangles. I've cut some of them apart to make sure they are the size they need to be. Once that is done, then I can start sewing the background blocks to the half square triangles. Once I get going, I don't think it is going to take very long to make this quilt! I sure hope not. :D 

Bama Belles meets tomorrow. That is my quilting group. We aren't a guild, but a group of ladies who love getting together to sew and work on projects. I am not sure I will make it tomorrow. I really need to get some things done around here. I have to go get myself a new CPAP mask, and ship a package to Virginia. Plus sew on my swap project for a Facebook group. Not sure, yet if I will go. 

I will go for now and leave you with a picture of the cutest grandson anyone could ask for. He was in a play this weekend called Pinocchio at their local theater classes. He was a toy soldier. 

Blessings,
Teresa

1 comment:

  1. Teresa, I am amazed at how quickly this half year has gone. I am pushing along on my free motion quilting class quilt. It seems like I really have very little new to show either.
    Jackson is adorable in his costume. That grin is priceless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!