Wednesday, December 19, 2012

What Does Christmas Mean to You?

As we approach Christmas, I was sitting here wondering what Christmas means to me. I thought I would ask you this question to.

Christmas is:
1. The birth of my Lord and Savior
2. family- husband, children, children's spouses, and especially my grandson. I also include my siblings and extended family.
3. Friends- I have made many new friends in the past couple of years since I started quilting. Friends on Facebook are included here. I have met a few of them in person, but have become as close as I can to others online.
4. Kindness- some people are more kind and loving during this time of the year than any other time. That is sad, but it is true.
5. Love- for all
6. Food- my hubby's wonderful ham he cooks each year; carrot cake with pineapple, nuts, and raisins added in that our daughter wonderfully makes; pickle/olive plate; pecan pies. Those are our mainstays on Christmas Eve.


These are a few that came to mind as I contemplated what Christmas means. Until this year, Christmas also meant stress about getting the family gifts. What to get, money to get them something, how much to get, making sure we spent about the same amount on each child, etc. But this year, we got the k ids the same thing for the couples together. We were able to get our grandson something he really wants, too. We haven't gotten each other something, but you know what? It is okay. We both need a pair of shoes, so we will probably get those for ourselves. Our money is tighter this year than it ever has been, but God has blessed us so much in the past year that the "not much money" is okay with me. I am learning a lot about myself and our lives together during these times. We lean on the Lord and each other.We are blessed to be celebrating our 36th Christmas together.

Now, it is your turn. Tell me what Christmas means to you. Is it giving and getting presents? Is it celebrating the birth of Jesus?  What does it mean to YOU?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!