Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tuesday's Blessings


Today is the day!!! I am getting more and more excited! We lost our dog, Cammie six weeks ago today. It has been harder than DH and I ever dreamed it would be. We both have cried many tears, and still cry at times missing her. Well, over the past few weeks, we have sort of been looking for another baby. We've been to a couple flea markets, one of which is where we got Cammie, but nothing has jumped out at either one of us. We were looking for an Australian Shepherd/Blue Heeler mix when we adopted Cammie. We fell in love with Cammie, so that search was on hold. Since we lost Cammie, I started looking again. We had one of the above types of dog before and he was the best dog we could ever ask for. He lived about seventeen years. The last few years, he spent with my father-in-law. It was really hard losing him, too. On to what is happening today. On Friday, I woke up with the Pell City Animal Shelter on my mind. I had not looked on there site before. I had seen them mentioned on Adoptapet.com or Petfinder.com. I got up, looked them up online, and found they have a Facebook page. I looked there and fell in love! I found a picture of Blaze. He is the one on the left. We also, found Melinda, the picture on the right. We are probably going to name her Dixie. Well, we went to see them Friday, and fell in love even more. They were so sweet! We usually don't have but one dog at a time, but we thought maybe if we had two, they could be buddies and keep each other occupied/company. So we adopted two. We didn't get to bring them home on Friday because they needed to be neutered and spayed. They had their surgeries yesterday, so we get to bring them home today! Yea!!! DH washed out Cammie's doghouse where these babies can use it. We bought new feed bowls and toys. I will post more pictures later. These were the ones the animal shelter had on Facebook. Wish us luck and pray for us that these babies will help heal the hurt over losing Cammie.

Quilting: What have I been doing quilting wise. Not a lot. LOL I have sewn a few Christmas log cabin blocks and sewed them together. Here is a picture of them:


I've also tried making a few coloring book blocks. Here is my Santa that I've colored twice to make the color bolder than the first time. What do you think?


I hope you are being crafty and creative this week. Please leave comments and tell me what is going on with you. Have a blessed day!

Blessings to you,
Teresa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!