Friday, August 31, 2012

I Finished It!

IT IS FINISHED!!!!





I had to do another post tonight. I finished the only bed-sized quilt I've made. It was chosen pattern and fabric by my husband. We have loved this style and these colors ever since we moved to Idaho four days after we were married in 1978. We have looked all these years for the "just right" comforter for our bed. We had not found it until we were looking through a Fons and Porter book I had copyrighted in 1993, I think. Liz Porter had designed this quilt for her son's twin bed. With the help of another quilter, we were able to determine what I needed to do to enlarge this. We have a queen sized bed, but wanted this to be more of a spread than a comforter. Well, I finally finished this after working on it almost two years. I am so excited! I want to thank my God for giving me the strength to get this completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!