Thursday, April 2, 2015

Awakening

This definition came from Dictionary.com.
adjective
1.
rousing; quickening:
an awakening interest in ballet.
noun
2.
the act of awaking from sleep.
3.
a revival of interest or attention.
4.
a recognition, realization, or coming into awareness of something:
a rude awakening to the disagreeable facts.
5.
a renewal of interest in religion, especially in a community; a revival.

While riding along in the truck with my DH the other day, this word came to mind as I viewed the trees starting to leaf out, the daffodils blooming, the pear trees in full bloom with gorgeous white blooms, and the grass turning green. I thought nature is awakening from its sleep. It brought to mind the need for Christians to awaken from their sleep and apathy towards their walk with Christ. We need to pray more, to read our Bible more, to serve others more, to attend church more. I fully believe that God brought this to my mind. 

So many of us, me included, don't take the importance of our walk with God as seriously as we should. We are lax in our worship, and need to awaken our spirits and give Him the praise and worship He and only He deserves. A discussion with our grandson this past week about the importance of following in Christ's footsteps also gives me a reason to 'awaken' my inner spirit and draw closer to God. DGS is a Christian, but is still learning about this walk, and what is expected of Christians as he is only eight years old. His innocence and love for God is so inspiring, and precious to me.

This is Easter week. How do you celebrate Easter? Our choir will be performing our Easter concert on Sunday morning. Does Easter bring an awakening to your soul? It sure does mine. Thinking about the sacrifice that our Lord and Savior made for you and me brings me to my knees wanting to do more for Him, be more like Him, worship and praise Him more. What about you?

With Christ's love,
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!