Monday, July 21, 2014

Family Time!!


Hello my friends! I hope and pray you are all doing well. I have been having a great time visiting with our daughter and playing with our grandson. They arrived on Thursday and are staying with us. We hope to get to go fishing while they are here and maybe do something educational for the grandson while they are here. The weather hasn't been cooperating for the fishing adventure, and we are all so tired from activities that we haven't done a lot. 

On Saturday, my niece and her son, my great-nephew came to see us and our daughter. Believe it or not, this is the first time my great-nephew and DGS have seen each other since DGS was six months old. He is now eight. LOL the GN is almost twelve, so it has been a few years. We had them for lunch, and the boys played together very well. It was so good to visit with my niece. We don't get to see each other as often as we would like. She works long hours and her hubby is a police officer/investigator. I am proud of both of them. Then that evening, my DS and DIL came for supper. I fried catfish, okra/squash combo, cooked apple crisp. (I had cooked two the day before) I was so exhausted when it was all said and done, that I couldn't move. It was a lot of fun and enjoyment to hear my children laughing aloud at videos on YouTube, and my DGS laughing with them. That has always been one of my most favorite sounds: the laughter of my children. God has blessed us so much!

Sunday, we had to run to Sam's, so we got to spend more time with our son. He left his car and drove his wife home from our house the night before. He needed to come back to our place to pick up his car. He traveled with us. Another enjoyable day, but tiring. 

My DH got me some larger tubs for organizing my sewing room, so I can combine the little ones and not have so much clutter. I did a little today by combining my Christmas fabric into one of the bigger ones. I haven't done any sewing since the kids are here. It will come later. They do want me to maybe embroider some sharks on some towels for the GS bathroom. Maybe that will get done. LOL


Today, my daughter who blogs at http://bobjenjack.blogspot.com added me to The Family Christian Blogger group on Facebook where I can do reviews for them. Yea!! I am so excited! I have been wanting to do reviews of books or products for someone, but haven't been given the opportunity. So.... maybe I will get the opportunity now. Who knows?

I will share a picture for you of a rag quilted purse I made for my daughter before she arrived. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!