Thursday, October 11, 2012

10-11-12

Good Morning! I know, I know, I've been lazy about posting lately. I'm sorry. I've been busy working in my sewing room on Christmas log cabin quilt blocks, but I've put that away again for a little while. I have another donation quilt to make for the Ogden House in north Alabama. I have been wanting to do this for my friend, Gene Black, since I saw his first post last year. This year, with the help of Reba Bishop, another friend of mine who donated the fabric, I will be making a rag quilt for some teenager at the Ogden House. I sure hope he/she likes it. It is going to be black and white! I love these two colors together.

Reba and me when we met the other day



A baby quilt I've finished minus binding

Above you will see a baby panel I quilted for a friend of my son's. His baby was born in April, and I have been lax on getting it done. While talking to an old friend from my teen years, yesterday, I finished the quilting part. I was so excited!!! Now all I need to do is add the binding. That will be done today or tomorrow.


Next on my list of to-do's is a quilt that I've been hired to make by a lady in Virginia. It will be made using the techniques in Marguerita McManus's book Crazy Shortcut Quilts. I have never made one before, but I am excited about making this one. She has given me ideas of the colors she likes, and I get to choose along that line. I am thankful this is a quilt-as-you-go one because it is going to be huge! I will post pictures as I go, that is if you don't mind seeing the progress. LOL I am excited about doing this, but nervous, too. Keep me in your prayers.

Along with these two projects, I need to make Christmas gifts for my family, plus for the Secret Santa project on Stitches From the Heart on Facebook. Not quite sure what I am going to make, but I have several ideas in my head. It will be made from fabric I already have in my stash, more than likely. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Hope you all have a blessed day. I have lots on my plate, but will try my best to keep up with this journal.

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!