Saturday, August 16, 2014

Gold City Quartet's New Album is Coming!!!

I was raised on Southern Gospel music. I sang with my parents, and we traveled to churches all over to listen to other groups. Southern Gospel music brings God's Word to me in a way nothing else does, and holds such a special place in my heart and life. I want to tell you about one of my all time favorite groups, and their new album soon to be released.

Gold City Quartet originated not far up the road from where I grew up and live today. I have loved their music for many, many years. One of my favorites has been Midnight Cry. It gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. Of course, I have to sing along. When I was given the opportunity through Family Christian Bookstore to review their upcoming new release,  Gold City "Hymn Revival," I jumped at the chance. It's release date is August 19, 2014, and you can purchase it by clicking on the link above and below. This morning as I was working on a quilt, I listened to it for the first time, and boy did I get a blessing! I love the old hymns I sang in church, and there are several on the new album. Songs such as, Power in the Blood, Victory in Jesus, and Farther Along.





According to their press release, this is the first hymn album the group has produced since 1999. Among the songs I listed above, the press release also states, 

"The new project includes such inspirational classics as “In Christ Alone” and “The Power of the Cross” in addition to such traditional hymns as “Great is Thy Faithfulness” and “I Need Thee Every Hour.”

I really enjoy this CD, and I believe you will, too. Listening to this music brings back precious memories for me from my childhood. Please head over to Family Christian Bookstore or go online to their website and preorder the new album. You won't be disappointed.

Teresa

** I received this CD compliments of Family Christian Bookstore for this review. I believe in this product, and this company, and the opinions in this post are all mine. I only review products that are in good taste and make an impact on me or my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!