Thursday, March 13, 2014

New Machine and Quilting

Good morning! It is a beautiful morning here in Alabama after being cloudy and raining Tuesday in to Wednesday. It is chilly, but the sun is shining and the daffodils are blooming, the trees are budding, and one apple tree is leafing. I love spring, except for the allergies, but love seeing everything come back to life. I feel refreshed and anew as only God can make me feel. My mood brightens, and I feel energized. What about you? Does spring have that affect on you? Share with me about your favorite part of the year. I know many of you are ready for the snow to be gone!

I traded in my Janome 7700 for a Janome 11000 Special Edition. I did not want one that expensive, but hubby wanted me to have it since I could sew, quilt and embroider on it. I am loving it! I have only embroidered one thing, so far just to try it out. But, I've been quilting the Carpenter's Star quilt on it. I thought I loved my extension table when I was quilting, but I've found that I have much more room on my table without it and I do the quilting easier. My quilting isn't as good as I want it to be, but I was told on FB yesterday not to talk down about my quilting. LOL Love that woman! Of course, we are always our worst critics are we?



I am loving what I can do with this machine. Of course, I am still learning so much! A sweet Facebook friend sent me what she called some crayons, but it was a spool of bobbin thread and some Sulky embroidery thread. Love it! Can't wait to use it! I just need to learn more about this machine and plan some gifts using the embroidery designs.

Going to go. Have a blessed and creative day! Be quilty!

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!