Friday, July 6, 2012

It's Friday! The Day Before......

It is getting closer! The day before we go pick up our wonderful grandson, Jackson! I am getting excited. I still have some house work to get done. The dishes are done for now, I've dusted our bedroom and his room, I'm washing clothes, etc. But, I still have to dust the living room furniture, vacuum the couch and replace Cammie's sheet she lays on, sweep/vacuum the floors and mop. Then we will be ready for our little man to come stay with us for a week. We may not get to do a whole lot, but who knows what we may get in to. I hope that it will be cool enough, that we can take him fishing, and I might teach him how to sew something, we may do some painting, etc. We will come up with something other than watching TV all the time. He loves his Mimi and Papa, but we don't get to see each other as often as we did for the first two years of his life. They moved 500 miles away from us. But we are meeting his parents about half way to get him. He has been telling me all week on the phone how many days it is before he comes up here. He loves petting the goats and watching them. So, at least that is a little bit of entertainment.
This is Jackson and his beautiful mama (our daughter) at his sixth birthday party at McDonald's. Isn't he a cutie patootie? He is such a joy to be around. He is very smart and so loving.

I have been quilting a baby quilt I made until yesterday when I was having issues with my new sewing machine. I am going to try to clean out the bobbin area before I try sewing again. I only have one side border and about six inches on another side and binding to have it finished. I also have another baby quilt that I think I may try hand quilting it. Don't know how that will go, but I would like to try to do it.  Below you will see a small part of the quilt.


While working on the above quilt, my sister called to see if I wanted to come sew. She had started working on a quilt pattern she purchased at Joann's a while back. She has sewn clothes for years, but has never made a quilt. I encouraged her to give it a try. She was having some problems understanding the directions, so I went to see what I could do to help. The problem was that she did not have enough strips. So, she will have to purchase another jelly roll to go with the one she has. It is going to be a pretty quilt when she gets it done. Keep her in your prayers as she is having some vascular problems and is having surgery to take care of it.

I have so many projects in my head that I want to make. My head gets to spinning. LOL I think I may try to make some hanging dish towels, I need to make me another hand bag. I want to try my hand at making a pineapple quilt (Bonnie Hunter's version). I want to make a us a Christmas quilt. I want to make a quilt with my purple fabric. Oh so many things to do. LOL

I want to wish you all a wonderful day. I will post pictures of the finished baby quilt(s). I still am doing some binding on our Desert Mirage quilt, too.

What are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!