Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Works In Progress

 Good Morning! I know. I have been lazy and have not posted in a few days. :-) I  have been busy yesterday and this morning, and need to get back to the sewing room. I will after I post this. I don't want to leave my fans hanging. The above picture is my one and only bed sized quilt so far. I got it from the quilter last week and have the binding cut out, but not sewn together, yet. I am anxious to get onto it, but dread it. It measures about 100 x 100! I think it will be quilt the adventure to bind this. Thank God for my Janome! It will be much easier to maneuver on that machine than my Brother. I want to finish what I am working on (below) first, because I would have to change the thread for the binding. I am using a cream/ivory colored thread for this pro bono project, and will need a darker color for the binding on the quilt. The backing on the quilt above is gray and the border is a dark mauve. The binding is a dark burgundy color, so I definitely don't want to use what I have loaded right now.

I am praying I will get the pro bono top finished today. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I am still trying to figure out what I want to use as a backing for it. I know the Bama Belles, my quilting group, uses a variety of backing on the quilts they make. Very scrappy quilts and backings are what most of them make. This one is scrappy, but I don't want to use a babyish backing, because I feel this will be more for an older boy. I will peruse my stash to see what I have. Maybe I can pool together some fabrics and make a scrappy pieced backing. We will see. I will post pictures of the quilt when I finish it. I know the lay out I have for the blocks below is not correct, so I am working on that, too. I've never made a Jewel Box pattern, so I have to juggle some pieces. I was just trying it out here. More to come!


I hope all of you had a crafty weekend and made lots of progress on your projects. I saw on Richard Quilts that he won several giveaways. He has really been blessed with these. I had signed up for a giveaway he had for some beautiful batiks, but another follower on here, Bea from Beaquilter won them instead. Congratulations, Bea! I know you will enjoy creating with the batiks. I want to make a quilt using batiks, but I need to be able to turn loose of some money to purchase some before I can.

I love reading blogs and seeing what everyone else is working on. I hope you enjoy mine. I promise it will improve as I learn what to put on here. I also love learning from the tutorials and examples you all post. I want to wish you all a blessed and creative day! Work on those projects, and share with the world!

God Bless,
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!