Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thursday's Doings

Sew, this is all the blocks for the donation quilt I have been working on. I don't have the blocks turned exactly the way they are supposed to be, I don't think, but at least I came out with hourglass blocks where they are supposed to be placed. LOL I have the top two rows sewn together, and the next two sewn together, and will be sewing the four rows together when I finish this post. Then on to the last two rows. I sure hope some child will enjoy this when it is given to them. I love the colors even though some of the yellow doesn't show up as bright as I would like it. I am still not sure about a border to put on here. I have some mottled yellow I could use, then again I have some blue already cut, but I'm not sure if there is enough. I will see when I get to that point. I believe I may make a run to Hobby Lobby and get some muslin for the backing. I can get a pretty decent amount using my 40% coupon. Still mulling it over in this brain of mine.

I should have been done with this top by now. Yesterday, I sewed a little on it before breakfast, but then I was hurting and not feeling well. I went to buy groceries with the DH even though I didn't feel up to it. When we returned, ate lunch, and sat down to cool and rest a moment, I could not make myself get back up to do anything except help feed goats and cook dinner. I have already sewn some this morning and after I finish the dishes I will go back in there to work. 

I need some suggestions. I have always had problems with setting goals. Most, if not all, of my blogger friends have goals listed on their pages of what they plan to do. I want to do that myself. Can you help me? I want to make a Christmas quilt, a lap quilt for myself, more donation quilts, I have been asked to make a baby quilt for a friend of my son's, I have so many things going over in my mind I need some kind of organization tool. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I want to wish everyone a blessed Thursday. I will be sewing and planning today. I pray that everyone has a safe and fun day. Whether you are at work, at play, at home, always keep God first in your life. He will guide each step of your day.

God Bless,
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!