Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the Father's out there! My daddy passed away in September 2008 and my FIL passed away in May 2005, so I don't have a daddy here on earth to wish Happy Father's Day to, but I wish it to them in Heaven. We always made sure we sent a card and called them when we lived away to let them know we loved them. Now I have my DH to wish Happy Father's Day to and my SIL. We have one grandchild, Jackson, who is six years old. He has a wonderful Daddy, and we have a pretty great SIL, Bob. I just called and wished him a HFD. I appreciate all he does for my daughter and grandson. He is a great provider for them and works so hard.

Our children weren't always happy with their daddy especially when he wouldn't allow them to do something or go somewhere they wanted to. Of course, that can be said for any daddy who cares enough about their children to say the word "NO." They have remarked to him as they became adults how mad they would get when he seemed to use that word all the time. LOL He was and still is a great dad and loves his daughter and son very much. I am so happy he is their dad. Thank you, Joey for loving us and caring for us. He has always made sure we were provided for. Unfortunately, he was not with me when either one of our children were born. He was in Spain with the Navy when Jennifer was born, and he was working in Texas having just started a new job when Joe was born. I was here with his family in Alabama when Joe was born and in South Carolina when Jen was born. We both hated that he could not be with us, but thankful he was there the rest of the time. We love you Joey!

I tried to upload a photo, but it never would load. Sew, as it is I will show you my honey another time.

As far as sewing goes, I have quilted all but the border of the donation quilt. Doesn't look as good as I wanted it to, but I am still going to donate it. I want to improve on my sewing and quilting skills! I also trimmed the Desert Mirage quilt getting it ready to sew the binding onto it. I may work on that today.

May God Bless each and every one of you. Make time out today to spend it with your dad if he is still with you. Make sure you let him know you love him. There will come a time when he is will no longer be with you.

Phillipians 4:13
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!