Wednesday, May 23, 2012

WIP, Finishes and New Finds

Good Morning! How are you all? I am doing well. I had a sonogram done of my left shoulder joint yesterday to see why I am having so much pain. Well, she found a bursa sack in the front of my shoulder joint that was filled with fluid. She aspirated 5cc of fluid from it and then put in cortisone. It is sort of achy today, but so far, not too bad. She told me not to be lifting anything with it, to put ice on it, and to take it easy. I kept ice on it off and on last night, and just watched TV. So, hopefully it will be better soon. Pray that it will be, please.

I will start my quilting part with finishes. I finished my son and daughter-in-law's quilt and carried it to him yesterday when we met for lunch. They both love it. See it above.

The next thing quilt wise is the purchase of more fat quarters at Tuesday Morning in Birmingham. Here they are: My favorites are the reds and green, but I like them all.
New Fabric

My sweet sister bought me a new Fiskars Rotary Cutter that has the safety handle. I think I am really going to enjoy it. My birthday is next Tuesday, the 29th, so she told me Happy Birthday when she gave me the cutter. I had told her I was wanting one, so now I have it! Yea! Thanks, Sis!

My WIP is making wallets and maybe a couple of tote bags for my daughter to take to sell when she sets up a booth at a club her mother-in-law has joined. They are having a fundraiser for a local school in Florida, and she asked Jennifer to sell her jewelry she makes. Her dad, my DH also has gotten into making necklaces, bracelets, etc., too. They both have made some beautiful pieces and hope to recoup some of their money at the sale. Maybe they will do well and my wallets will sell and I can get more quilting money. Fingers crossed! LOL 

I have recently acquired some Accuquilt Go! Baby dies for the Go! Baby I won last summer, and I'm anxious to try them out. One of the dies is the 3 1/2" tumbler that cuts three tumblers each time. I think I may try it out today and cut out some fabric for a donation quilt. I've not sewn these, but I see a lot of them on Facebook made by other quilters. They use the 6" die, though.  I will definitely post a picture here when it is finished.

I am still contemplating in my mind what I want to do for my Christmas quilt. I was really hoping to find a snowman panel to use as the central medallion, but I haven't found what I want. I know, it isn't Christmas fabric time, but I want one! I don't want to wait until Christmas to make it. I want to work on it between other projects. So if you have any ideas, let me know! Also, working out a quilt project to use my purple fabrics I showed in one of the last posts. I think I am going to make a pinwheel and nine patch quilt. I found a pattern in one of my older quilt magazines that I want to make. 

Well, I guess I will stop this rambling for today. Maybe it won't be as long between posts before the next one. May God Bless you and yours. Pray for those who are sick in body and in mind. Pray for those who have lost loved ones recently. I've seen on Facebook that a couple of the children I have been praying for have gone on to heaven. This is so sad, but I know they are no longer in pain. Please pray for these families.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!