Saturday, May 26, 2012

What Have I Been Doing?

Hello! I am doing a little better this morning, but now where back up to par, but thinking positively, I will get better! :D I just wanted to update you on what I've accomplished the past few days. Actually I haven't gotten done nearly as much as I needed to, but I did get a couple of things done. I straightened up my sewing room, then messed it up again pulling out fabric to make some wallets. I bought a new pattern at Joann's on Tuesday, and worked on it for a couple of days. It turned out much larger than I expected. It is a debit/credit card holder. 









I plan to add a yo-yo and button on the outside as a little decoration. This is my first try. Next time, I will cut my binding on the bias; plus, I am not really happy with how the binding is sewn. I had a few issues with it and finally got frustrated and just sewed it on. I love the fabric. 
This was my first time to do cross hatch quilting. Even though some of the lines are farther apart than others, I think it turned out pretty good for my first time. Thanks, Linda, for teaching me how!

Below is a wallet I made for my daughter, Jennifer. She lives out of state, but loves Alabama. I made her a purse for Christmas, so she wanted a wallet to go with it. Actually, the wallet came out better than her purse. LOL I hope she likes it. I used    another pattern I had, but I made this wider and added interfacing to it where the pattern does not call for it. I also added a yo-yo and button as decoration. I am pleased with this project.



I made an orange wallet, too, but have not completely finished it to show. Hopefully that will come soon. I am heading into the sewing room when I finish this, so I hope you have an awesome day and holiday weekend. Remember the men and women who have fought for our freedom. Pray for the ones who are fighting now, and those who are working toward keeping our freedom. May God Bless you all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!