Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Good morning! I have been so busy the past few days getting the house ready for our guests that I haven't taken the time to post anything. Hubby and I are waiting for our daughter and her family to arrive from Florida some time today. Sadly, they are having to drive in this awful rain we are getting today. I am praying and I'm asking for prayers for their safety as they travel. We will have a glorious house full on Thanksgiving day. My husband's side of the family are coming for dinner. Our children and their spouses and our grandson will be here. Now, we don't have a big house, but we can fit them all in. It may be crowded, but it will be a nice crowded since we are usually here alone 99.9% of the time. Us and the dogs. LOL It will be wild and crazy and enjoyable while it lasts.

We haven't gotten to spend as much time with our daughter, SIL, and grandson this year as we have in the past, so we are really looking forward to the time together even though it will be short. Our grandson is seven and in the 2nd grade. He is attending a Christian school this year after being home-schooled for two years. He loves it, but part of him wants to home-school next year. He misses the time he spent with his mama. She also works for the children's department at the church. That is where they attend. Our daughter told me his reading has really improved and he is actually reading a chapter book on his own while they travel. I am so proud of him. He has always loved to be read to or to listen to audio books, but it has been a struggle to get HIM to read himself. I am so glad and thankful that he is developing a love for reading like his mother and I have.

We will give our kids and Jackson their Christmas gifts on Thursday, but not the quilts I'm making them. I haven't been able to get them finished by now, so they will get them for Christmas. With the issues that I've had with my machine, I've had problems sewing like I needed to.

So, I want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and have a great week! Be blessed.

Hugs,
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!