Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Quilting and Puppy Update

Good morning! I am sorry I haven't been keeping my blog up-to-date daily. I just haven't had a lot to say. I do want to give you an update on the puppies and on the crazy quilt.

The puppies are improving everyday. I am so happy and so is DH. We have gone outside with them the past few days in the afternoon and have enjoyed watching them playing and being silly. I sat down on the ground with them yesterday and Blaze lay down beside me and chewed on his new bone. Dusty climbed on top of me giving me kisses and caused me to wind up on my back with her kissing me on my neck and loving on me. She is a big girl. She weighs almost sixty pounds. So, I didn't do to well to stay upright. LOL They are both such pretty dogs and look so different. I pray they continue to improve in their health. 

The crazy quilt is technically finished. I put the binding on it Sunday, but I want to add a few yoyos to camouflage a few stray stitches on the sashing. I like the way it looks. I am afraid though that wrestling the huge quilt to sew on it has inflamed the nerve in my neck where I had two epidurals last summer. I have started hurting again. Not really bad, but enough to take something where I feel up to doing something. I will show another picture of it when I get the yoyos on it.

My plan for this today is to make yoyos and start adding them to the quilt. I want to be able to mail the quilt something this week to its new owner. I also will start working on the crazy quilt pillows that the same client wants me to make. On Friday I have to go to the hospital to get my prep and get set up for my first colonoscopy. Yuck! But, since I am over fifty and my dad had colon cancer and so did a brother or two of his, I need to have a base line one done. Definitely not looking forward to the prep and having it done. Just want it over with. 

I found two new online sites for fabric this weekend/week. One is http://www.seawatchfabrics.com and the second one is www.thequiltinggarden.com. They both have beautiful fabric. So check them out and see what you can find.

Have a blessed day!

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!